PDA

View Full Version : 204 ruger

Monkeymaster
01-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Ok
I passed on a savage ss accu trigger used 204 with weaver bases for $289.00.
There will be a gun show in a couple of weeks with the same vendor.
If he still has it ?
Pros other than the price of it.
Cons ?
I have a 223 savage and a 22-250 stevens already, non accu triggers both blue.
thanks

kkeene
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
I shoot prairie dogs several times a year. The 204 adds 150 / 200 yards to the range of the 223. I would not go varmint hunting for small varmints w/o my 204.

Keith

rez187
01-23-2011, 05:18 PM
what model? the model will determine if it is a steal or a good buy. also be wary of predator model guns that are used, i say that because one they are usually shot more than the larger calibers and can have their barrels shot out. sometimes guys will trade the rifle in and get a new gun rather than re-barreling. this may or may not be the case just be careful because for all the great people out there with good intentions there is always a knucklehead just trying to get over on people.

if you dont know what to look for have a buddy help you out and at least look down the barrel and look for thick rifling. i know the throut will wear faster than the rifling, usually but i dont know a quick way for a novice to check it.

Monkeymaster
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Not sure, I didn't look at the model #, just confirmed it was a 204 stamp on barrel, it had the accu trigger, and bolt had savage laser on it.
If it is still there, I will ask to remove bolt, and insert light.
Unless there is an obvious issue, and it is still there, I think I will have a new caliber to buy brass, bullets, reloading dies etc.
This rifle is going to cost more than the asking price, isn't it ?

Tim300wsm
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
is it a heavy barrel,ss or blue laminate or tupperware stock, dbm, blind mag, or hinged floor plate it shouldn't cost you more than asking price unless the guy is a crook