PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about gluing in a sled or single shot follower

jonbearman
01-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I need to know what I need to use a single shot adapter instead of a box and follower and spring.I have a hyscore follower and want to know if I can epoxy it in instead of all the other parts rendering it a single shot.I have asked on other sites and dont seem to have the answer,so now I am at the site I should have asked in the first place.Can anyone help me out? It is a model 12 reciever and it is a short action.

GaCop
01-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Degrease all the areas you want the glue to stick to, including the follower, mix up epoxy and apply. Let it set the required time and your good to go. I've used the quick set kind that sets up in 30 minutes and it works fine.

82boy
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I am guessing you mean score high, because I have never heard of a hyscore follower. I have never done it with a score high follower, my thoughts is it would fit loose, because it is designed to fir inside a stagardfeed box. I have had great luck with using SSS single feed ramps, they are fitted for a center feed action but with a small amount of trimming they will fit a stagard feed action very nice. If you fit it right it will hold by friction. SSS fitted one in my long action and Fred used a couple small pieces of steel, (I believe it was ban saw blade.) at the areas where the magazine box tabs are to hold in the follower. I have another gun that I glued in a SSS follower, and it works well, I gust mixed up a bit of epoxy. You could also tape the follower onto the action, and bed the rifle, then remove the tape, and the follower will fit ontop of the bedding, and fit withou glue or anything else. In a NBRSA/IBS hunter class gun, the follower must not be attached to the action, it has to sit indipendently.