PDA

View Full Version : DBM or Internal Box?

ergceo
01-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Hello all,

I'm looking to pick up my second Savage rifle, my first is a predator in .223 with DBM that shoots tiny little groups. I'm looking at getting a deer rifle in .270 with accustock, stainless and synthetic. I'm trying to decide if I should get the DBM again or the internal box. Can anyone tell me how the internal box mag works? Is it like the Rem700 that is staggered but easy to load, or is it a center feed like the DBM but not easily loaded? Anyone got a pic of one?

Thanks in advance!

Doug in KC

hailstone
01-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Personally don't mind the stagger feed box magazines but don't care for the center feed usage with small cases. Older Savages likely have the stagger feed while new ones will have the center feed. Unless you can find some old new stock it will be center feed. Old flat rear receiver rifles were stagger feed. Yes it loads like the Remington rifles but theres no hinged floor plate for quick removal. After using numberous rifles in different cartridge chamberings I lean towards the older stagger feed unless its a DBM.

bluealtered
01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
If you live in a state that requires a completely unloaded rifle while traveling by atv, the dbm comes in pretty handy. blue

82boy
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
The DBM and the blind magazine would feed the same for they use the same parts. The difference is on the DBM they place a cap on the bottom and cut a hole in the stock, and then put on bottom metal. If you looking for a accu-stock they all come with DBM.