PDA

View Full Version : Range etiquette

Captain Finlander
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Just to add a range tip.

When you use the range keep your muzzle in front of the table by sitting on either side of the tee section. This should place the end of your rifle muzzle past the end of the table greatly reducing the felt muzzle blast. I see guys setting up behind the tee section which puts their muzzle in the center of the table and the concussion effects everyone there. It seems like I am the only one willing to say anything and it happens at least once every time I go. Please pass the word, it is only proper range etiquette.

Thank you!

bluealtered
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I very much agree, it is interesting however to watch the guy with the super large magnum caliber do that. You can just about watch his eyes rolling around in his head as he tries to figure out what just happened.

At some ranges most if not all the benchs are for right handed people, if you are a southpaw you may end up having to shoot from the back of the table. It happens at our range from time to time. blue

helotaxi
01-14-2011, 09:07 AM
The problem at the range that I frequent is the poor design of the benches. As much as I would like to be able to work out on the "T" it just isn't wide enough for me to do so.

Blue Avenger
01-14-2011, 09:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/gcidso123/girls/range003.jpg

Captain Finlander
01-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I very much agree, it is interesting however to watch the guy with the super large magnum caliber do that. You can just about watch his eyes rolling around in his head as he tries to figure out what just happened.

At some ranges most if not all the benchs are for right handed people, if you are a southpaw you may end up having to shoot from the back of the table. It happens at our range from time to time. blue

I have never seen an L shaped shooting bench ever. They have always been it a T formation every place I have ever been. You should bubble that up to the club president and have it fixed for lefties.