PDA

View Full Version : Bolt lift mod part of a T&T?

JeepsAndGuns
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I was reading through the FAQ and reading the discription of the SSS time and true, but didnt specificly see the bolt lift mod mentioned. Is this part of the process or is it seperate?

JeepsAndGuns
01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Anybody?

EFBell
01-14-2011, 08:42 PM
No, it's not part of the job and really not needed afterwards anyway.

82boy
01-15-2011, 01:04 AM
What is a "bolt lift mod?" Are you asking if they use a Gunk button, or a 38 Special case in the back, (The answer is yes.) or are you asking what operations are done to reduce bolt lift? There is several things done that all contribute to the reduced bolt lift included in a T&T job.

JeepsAndGuns
01-15-2011, 08:19 PM
I had just read lots of posts about where the people use the 38 special case and a ball bearing inside the bolt to help reduce friction. It seems like a good idea so I got a 38 spl case and cut it down and test fit it but didnt like how loose it was inside that steel sleeve and bolt, so I didnt bother finding a ball bearing and doing the rest of the stuff to space the bolt screw. I am just really anal sometimes about stuff, (mabey even a perfectionist) So I was wondering if a fully machiened insert was part of the T&T.

82boy
01-15-2011, 08:46 PM
So I was wondering if a fully machiened insert was part of the T&T.

Nope, just a 38 special case. Why do you need something machined? Just because it fit loose doesn't mean its not going to work, the question is why does it matter? There is no place for it to go, and a machined piece like Stockaid makes doesn't work any better. Sometimes tight fitting parts cause more problems than they fix, and sometimes looser is better. SSS has T&T hundreds of actions, and use this same thing on all of them, if there was something wrong with it, they would know, and would not use it.