PDA

View Full Version : Stock Question For a 16FHSS

leftyboy
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Hello,
A newbe to the forum and Savage rifles! I have a 16FHSS with the bottom door magazine system. There in lies my problem. I want to put a nice aftermarket wood stock on it BUT there does not seem to be any manufacturers that make such a thing. Am I stuck with this cheapo synthetic stock for good???? ::)

Help and input appreciated.

Curt

rock337
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Not sure if this will help, but i found mine here. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Default.aspx

frank1947
01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I have the same gun, I switch it around to different stocks all the time, any stock with 4.4 spacing will work

TReX300
01-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Going by your name I guess you are a lefty? Is your gun an FLHSS (left hand) then or a FHSS? I'm in the same boat right now looking to get a stock for the hinged floor plate. I see that Savage lists their replacement stock as the DBM/HF stock making me think that the hinged floor plate gun and detachable box mag gun guns use the same stock. I havent been able to find either in an after market for a left handed gun. I did notice though that the Savage American Classic comes left handed with a DBM. The stock from that gun could possibly be used on a 16FHSS or 16FLHSS????? I would be interested to know if they are interchangeable and what an American Classic stock is worth. Better yet info on where to get a laminated stock for it.

Thanks
Tim

frank1947
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
DBM/HS Same stock, HS Presision perfect drop in for both, Stockys has them

TReX300
01-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I went over the HS stuff and didn't see anything for a lefty. Anyone have any idea what a factory replacement American Classic stock is worth?

Thanks
Tim

leftyboy
01-24-2011, 12:26 AM
I shoot right handed because of my dominant eye. I had a great visit with the Choate company owner and he fixed my up. Got an aluminum inserted composite, target stock with the adjustable butplate that can be moved by loosening a screw, and also adjusts up, and a cheekpiece for me to install on my own for $340 to my door. GREAT person to visit with and the gun went together without a single handup. I like the insert because it does away with the need to have the gun bedded. ;D ;)

tnks for your comments Curt