PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage MK II BTV Accessories

stevenorlando
01-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Hello All,

I have the Mark II BTV, with the thumbhole laminate stock. It has the accutrigger. Where can I get accessories for this rifle that will improve the accuracy further, and are there any home gunsmith adjustments?

Thanks

Steve

Old No7
01-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Hmm... No replies yet...

"are there any home gunsmith adjustments?"

Just what you'll read here or on the Savage page at RimfireCentral.

Between triggers & bedding, there's enough to keep you busy for awhile.

"Where can I get accessories for this rifle that will improve the accuracy?"

Other than thicker bottom metal and a single-shot follower (see posts on RimfireCentral) or extra magazines, I'm not sure of too much else you can buy. But then you can try different brands of ammo and switch/upgrade scopes too. A good set of rests won't hurt you either. (Mine is a BTVS.)

Tight groups.

Old No7

Mr. YACYAS
01-12-2011, 11:00 AM
The best accessory you can buy for that rifle is a great scope. Most people go to wal-mart, by a cheap scope, and throw it on but to really max out the performance for your rifle, spurge a little and actually get a quality scope for it. You won't regret it.

shovelheadave
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Just my $.02 on it.

I agree, there is no replacement for good glass.

However...$$$$ doesn't always equal good. I originally set my .17HMR up with a Leupold VXI 4-12 LRD, it was a $315 disappointment. My mistake was buying the name and assuming that it would be quality, I was mistaken.

Mr. YACYAS
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Nikon = Best bag for buck regardless of model.

Cycler
01-14-2011, 11:59 AM
However...$$$$ doesn't always equal good. I originally set my .17HMR up with a Leupold VXI 4-12 LRD, it was a $315 disappointment. My mistake was buying the name and assuming that it would be quality, I was mistaken.
What was wrong with the Leupold? If it's a centerfire scope without a parallax adjustment objective or "side focus", then it's not suitable for a rimfire used at closer range. Otherwise what was the problem?

jwpark
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Here's a post on how to tune your accutrigger to a lighter pull. Really well good post. I followed it, setting my trigger to 1.4 pounds.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227014

Jay

shaman
01-17-2011, 01:50 AM
old no 7, where does the thicker bottom metal come from?

Rifleman51
01-17-2011, 02:09 AM
www.savagegunsmithing.com carries the 1/8" thick bottom metal.

John K

shaman
01-17-2011, 02:27 AM
email sent. thanks for the info. I picked up on it down the page of the rimfire forum. Silly me

Rifleman51
01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Once you get the thicker bottom metal, you can increase the torque on the action screws, some guns like closer to 20 inch pounds, that sometimes helps.
Other than that as others have said, good glass and trigger, then practice.

John K