PDA

View Full Version : safety ?

xtratoy
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I was shooting my rifle yesterday and sometime during the day my saftety cracked where you place your thumb to slide it on/off. Now there isn't enough there to operate it. I called Savage this morning and they won't sell me one. I either have to send them my gun or involve a third party. (gunsmith) Anybody know where, or if I can obtain this piece. Hunting is just around the corner and if they had sent the part I could have had a gun with an operating safety in the woods. Ser# F650553 if that is needed.long action left hand. I looked at e-gunparts but don't which part listed might be the correct one. for the serial #.

jlcpls
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I believe that's a pre-accutrigger? Correct me if I am wrong.

82boy
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Sharp Shooters Supply has them. If you was a member to this site you could place an add in the classified section, and surly find one there.

xtratoy
10-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Jethro, you are correct that it is a pre-accutrigger.

jlcpls
10-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I think this one:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=089Zz110

The way your talking you need part #1. Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.

xtratoy
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
correct again! I just wasn't sure as they have a bunch of different 110's in their list. And when I clicked on the list it showed different #1's. Did they use different safeties for hardware brand guns? When I bought my gun it was a left hand receiver and bolt + trigger (no barrel) and an after market Coyote Stalker fiberglass stock so I have no idea what the actual model number was. I recall being told it was a 116 or 114 action. it is now sporting a 26" Shilen 260 Rem varmint weight barrel.

jlcpls
10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I think the different #1's reflect Original equipment, and an aftermarket replacement.

As far as the safeties go of that era, i.e. pre-accutrigger, I believe there is only one variety.

Trigger assemblies (including the safety) are bisexual ambidextrous.

I may have one of these at the crib, bro.

Let me look when I get home. But get your contingency plan ready if I don't. I don't want you to miss season.

xtratoy
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
your help is appreciated. I am also waiting to hear from SSS mentioned above. I emailed him earlier about the part. I also contacted Northland Shooters Supply and he doesn't carry this part. thanks for all the info supplied.

jlcpls
10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I may need to get some Ginko Biloba or something. I thought I had an extra trigger group here, with the safety, but I am mistaken again.

Have you heard from SSS yet?

I didn't even look to see if Numrichs had it in stock.

xtratoy
10-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Not yet. Maybe tomorrow?

82boy
10-13-2009, 11:58 PM
give them a call