PDA

View Full Version : New 10 Precision Carbine..ext. mags?

ih8xjs
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi. New to forum. Bought a "new-to-me" almost new 10 precision carbine in .223. Guy bought it from a local dealer, traded in back to him new, unfired, 2 months later. I walked with it for $475. Had a pic rail on it, too. Put a Leupold 4-12 vx-2ao on it and took it out. Junk white box ammo from wally-world was doing 3/4" groups. Not at all unhappy. Going to pick up a few boxes of nice ammo & hopefully in a couple months, I'll own a set of dies & drop for my Dillon. Range time is actually a pain due to the low 5 round mag & the way it jams up if not feeding the round from the mag. Is there any 10 or larger mags for this available? & yes, I tried the search feature.

GaCop
01-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the site "ih8xjs". I believe your going to be stuck with your current mag setup. I don't think anyone currently has a larger capacity magazine for the .223. Sharp Shooter Supply is/was working on one but don't recall the status on it. Handloading will really shrink your groups.

Aircraftmech76
01-09-2011, 01:40 PM
An excellent detachable magazine system. Just need to inlet for it.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/index.html

Kevin

ih8xjs
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks guys. I bookmarked both of those. Honestly, the "Fred Sled" would be as good as a high-cap, at least to me. I didn't go with a .308 because of my juvenile diabetes & the recoil associated retinal detachment issues. When I was young, it didn't occur to me to be concerned with it, but now that I'm older, it bothers me enough to heed warnings. I'll try to post some pics. Thanks again.

sha-ul
01-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys. I bookmarked both of those. Honestly, the "Fred Sled" would be as good as a high-cap, at least to me. I didn't go with a .308 because of my juvenile diabetes & the recoil associated retinal detachment issues. When I was young, it didn't occur to me to be concerned with it, but now that I'm older, it bothers me enough to heed warnings. I'll try to post some pics. Thanks again.

I remember reading an article concerning retinal detachment in snipers, however that really was a problem with much larger/harder recoiling rifles such as the 50bmg, and possibly with the 338Lapua, I cannot imagine that would be an issue with the 308win.

good luck with your quest.