PDA

View Full Version : Picture request - DBM inletting in wood stock

onesureshot
01-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I am going to be inletting a Boyds Classic stock to fit a DBM system that came with the Varmint action I just got. I was wondering if anybody had any detail pictures of the inletting? It seems pretty straight forward, but I would like to take a good look at what it is supposed to look like to make sure I don't miss something or go too big. I will be using a mill to remove the wood and plan to go slow. From laying the bottom metal on the stock and looking at it, it seems like a good starting point would be to remove the bottom of the mag well, then start fitting from there.

If anybody has any pictures, or wouldn't mind pulling the bottom metal off their rifle and taking a few pictures to show how it is cut I would be very appreciative.

Also, any tips from those that have done this before I start cutting would be appreciated too.

druid w/stick
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Have been wanting DBM's also. I have 3 stocks, all blind magazine , and the 2.275 spacing. I got in touch with Jeff at CDI precision gunworks, down in Florida.
Sent all three to him today. It's $60 a stock for him to inlet. This is for his bottom metal that he makes, which will accept the AICS mags.
The stocks were a Bell and Carlson Tactical Meadlist A2 ; a Choate Ultimate Sniper; and a LVT (black,black,black) from Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply that has, I think aout everything added to it you can.
It might be a simpler, and cheaper way to go. Especially if you get a bad oops! You could become a member (cheap price for what you get) and then sell
your extra parts and pieces here (which is a members only classified).
Maybe some thing to ponder.
Greg
P.S. he does have metal for the new longer spacing
also, it cost $46 to send thru UPS. $10 to wrap,( bubble wrap) and package ; $ 36 to ship with $1000 insurance

Blue Avenger
01-06-2011, 12:17 PM
LOL don't forget the INS. It saved me! Also one of my acquaintances, who sent an original Sharps home after a Vegas show, he was going hunting. They broke the stock. It is no longer a valuable original sharps.

tinkerer
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
How does a shipping company break a stock? >:(

Run over it with a truck?

Larry
Tinkerer

Blue Avenger
01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
they manage very well... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/gcidso123/savage/100_04093.jpg

shovelheadave
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
OUCH !!!