PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a BVSS for $300 today!

yorketransport
01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
I stopped by my favorite gun shop to see how their New Years was and I noticed a awfully pretty looking Savage sitting in the corner. They took it in used 30 days earlier, and this was the first day out on the floor. As he handed it to me, the shop owner said that he planned to call and tell me about it but just didn't hadn't had the time yet. As he handed it to me I saw the price. $300! :o I told him I'd take it before I ever actually held it.

As it turns out, it's a 223. The 223 doesn't interest me that much, but for the price it sure does! The gun has a BSA Contender 8-32x50 scope on there which at least makes a good carry handle. ;D I think I'll give the scope away free with the next gun that I sell. The rifle is in great condition and the bore looks bright and shiny.

My only hang up is that the shop owner really likes the stock. He wants to trade me the McMillan off of his 10FP for the laminate off of the BVSS. I'm not sure who comes out on top of that deal. Either way, I think I did alright.

Andrew

Aircraftmech76
01-05-2011, 03:30 AM
I have a BVSS stock to trade for that McMillan if you don't want it. SERIOUSLY, let me trade for that stock!

Kevin

pdog06
01-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure value wise the Mcmillan is worth more than the BVSS stock, so it just depends on what style it is and which you will like better.

You could probably re-sell that Mcmillan for almost what you paid for the entire rifle, and end up with a FREE scoped barreled action
I think you got a great deal either way though.