PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with magazine feeding......

mmargotta
01-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Ok, I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I can't seem to figure out my BVSS"S feeding problems.
We are talking about TWO model 12's .223 and 22-250. Both of them do not feed the next rounds in reliably it seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes the next round doesn't come up high enough for the bolt to grab.
It got me thinking that when I had the magazine springs out, I might have put them back in backwards? Could that do it? I could swear they are in there right, but then again.........
Does anyone have a picture of how they go back in the box? or maybe if you could describe the correct position? (if that is the problem)

And while we are on the subject, My model 110FP Tactical's .300 Win Mag's box seems to be a speck too narrow to allow the next round to come up; the rims of 2 different brands of ammo both get jammed on their way up.
I suppose I could file the edges of the box but I just wanted to check with you guys before I start whittling away on my gun... ???. Three guns, three feed problems.....sheeeesh!
Any thoughts?

mmargotta
01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
anyone? ???

snowgetter1
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I just had the same thing happen with a Stevens 223. The thread is still here maybe on page 2 now. But, the solution was I put a 1x4 over the mag the hit the magazine with with a hammer. I had to tap on it from the top once to lower a bit but it works 100% now.

mmargotta
01-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks! maybe that will help.

Bud Wilkinson
12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I have a new 111 FCNS with the detachable mag that I have yet to put a round through. Just got the scope mounted, cleaned the barrel and action and tried to cycle rounds through the action. 1 in 4 randomly (i.e. cart 1 through 4) won't feed and the bolt just closes over it. I tried to open the mag lips a bit but got scared. After all this is a brand new gun.