PDA

View Full Version : Savage front bolt baffle.....

KMAY
01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm trying to swap my Stevens 200 from 223 to 243 and I have all the parts but one. Can someone link me the front bolt baffle for a 243? From what I can tell the bolt head for the 243 is longer than the one for the 223 and it won't let me eject a live round or fire it. I have found them on midway and brownells but I don't know which one it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kyle

82boy
01-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Kyle
The front baffle is different, as you have found out the 223 baffle limits the amount of rearward travel do it it having a longer bolt stop. (The finger on the side of it) Sharp Shooters Supply has them. If you had a paid subscription you could place an add in the classified section of this site and find what your looking for. On the Brownells site it doesn't show pictures, so It is hard to tell what one your would be looking at or getting, also I don't know that Brownells will sell bolt parts unless you have an FFL.

dsculley
01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I think Brownells will sell them, but I usually just talk to my local gunsmith and have him order them anyway. He usually has an order every few days and I save shipping that way. He makes a little and we are all happy.