PDA

View Full Version : savage 110 custom 300 savage

walleyesmack
01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
A guy I know is selling a savage 110 in 300 savage, it is a left hand version. He said he had it made for him in this caliber by savage and has a hardwood stock but with slightly fancier stamped checkering that has a really nice walnut stain ( Have to look really hard to tell its not walnut stocked ). The box it came in has custom on the box so am inclined to believe he must have ordered it right from savage. He is looking to sell it and my son who is 16 is left handed and looks like it would be a good deer gun in michigan where we live. Any Idea what something like this should sell for. I am struggling with the fact it is custom rifle but with hardwood stained stock and stamped checkering so it is hard for me to come up with how much I should offer him for it. Any special touches a gun like this would come with ? It does not have the accutrigger but the trigger pull is really nice. Thanks in advance for any help.

kslefty
01-01-2011, 08:13 PM
This is about a $300 gun in my opinion. I am sure he paid twice this much but try selling a used LH gun and see how you come out. I have bought a couple RH long action guns, 1 in .243 and the other in .270, gave $200 for one and $150 for the other.

ellobo
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I would think that it is at least worth the same as a new Stevens model 200. $300 sounds like a fair price but I also would consider that Max. How old is it? With impressed checkering it has to have some years on it.

El Lobo

Blue Avenger
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
It's not a stevens, it is a savage, that make it worth more for some reason. $350 $400 is more in line.

walleyesmack
01-01-2011, 10:08 PM
it is near mint conditition, there are 2 clips and 2 boxes of shells with it, one box has 18 shot out of it. I am figuring it has not been shot alot. Most left hand bolts around hear are snapped up in a heartbeat because very few places ever have them in stock. The Gander has a new LH savage 110 or 111 for $ 599.00.
I am guessing after doing some research on it is is probably 10-15 years old.