PDA

View Full Version : Harris bipod adapter needed for 10FP??

war_angel_cometh
10-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey all you Savage experts. I have a Savage 10FP in .308 and recently purchased a Harris Ultralight Bipod Series "S" - Model BRM. I cannot get the bipod to attach to the swivel stud. The stud seems a little short? Does anyone know what I need to make this thing fit?? Thanks for the info.

TexasTransplant
10-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Loosening the nut is what gives the claw reach to get to the stud. You may have to loosen it nearly to the point of coming off.

tinkerer
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I do believe that bipod attaches to a threaded stud that pins to your sling stud, so the bipod screws on and off, I THINK? It should have come with it.

Larry
Tinkerer

jdg
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey all you Savage experts. I have a Savage 10FP in .308 and recently purchased a Harris Ultralight Bipod Series "S" - Model BRM. I cannot get the bipod to attach to the swivel stud. The stud seems a little short? Does anyone know what I need to make this thing fit?? Thanks for the info.

Which stock do you have? My Choate folder had a stud installed in the rail way, that was supposed to have a quick change bipod adapter in it. The stud needed to be shimmed out with washers, so the bipod mount could reach. The bipod adapter was too tall and wobbly for a secure mount for my harris. If you dont have a Choate, I cant help ya ;D

war_angel_cometh
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the info - I have the "stock" Savage stock that comes with the10FP law enforcement series. After fussing with this thing for over an hour now - I'm sure that this stud is just too short. I'm headed to the gun store tomorrow to find a longer one or maybe an adapter.

Don - LongRangeSupply
10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
It sounds like the stud is screwed too deeply into the stock.

If the bipod attaches fine to your other rifles, then you just need to turn the stud out on the one it won't fit until it does attach. You can leave it that way with no problems when you have the bipod attached as it won't turn.

If you want to use a sling on the stud without the bipod then put a washer / spacer between the stud and the stock. All I have ever been able to find to purchase are the plastic white spacers though I have seen black ones on some guns. Any large gun store that does any gunsmithing should have a parts bin full of those white spacers and might just give you one or two.