PDA

View Full Version : New guy here, need help on stocks for a newer 10FP....

Pages : 1 [2]

B-radical
12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Nice! I see that both the black, and the black w/ gray webbing are sold out :( I emailed for a lead time, and got a general 8-12 weeks, maybe sooner as they are popular. Guess I need to just suck it up and order one. Which color did you go with?

The black with gray webbing intrigues me...don't knwo why as I usually prefer a solid black rifle. Maybe it's time to be different!

It's a Millett TRS-1 4-16x50 ill ret mil dot, riding on SWFA 30mm med rings, which are mounted to an EGW one piece 0moa base. I have a crappy pic of the entire rig, but it's with the 2.5" sunshade installed. Thena close up of the top of the 3 screws on each side of the rings that clamp down. nice rings for sure! I bought it all at www.swfa.com

B-radical
12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
You going to do any bedding to yours? Or just mount it up?

frank1947
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I was looking at those scopes at optics planet $289 for the one you have. I got the black with grey web , last one, he he, am I going to bed it ? , well it comes with a letter that says the military tested it on the M24 and it does not need glass bedding, I have a Rem 700 that came with HS Stock the bedding block seems to fit just fine and shoots great so probably not, if it shoots to my expectations, I have several stocks to change around for testing.

B-radical
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
It's a really nice scope, firm, positive clicks, can lock down a "0" as a refernce point, the mil dot ill ret is nice and clear. The zoom is a little tough at first, but gets easier as you use it, the only thing I don't like about it, and some might is the turret "locks", sometimes you leave them open, and they will tighten down, so when you go to make an adjusment, nothing happens. Just more annoying that anything, but it wouldn't keep me from buying another.

post some real world pics of that stock if/wheny ou get time :) I think I just may go with that one to give my safe some variety.

frank1947
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
here is the stock you wanted http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=761001

B-radical
12-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Shit I still want that one! lol .

That must have been newly listed, cause I checked over their site, and didn't see it! Possible I overlooked it though!!!

Thanks!!! I think I am going to order that one, as that's more of the "style" I was looking for, it's cheaper, and it says it should ship today!

Thank you man!!!

B-radical
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, that one doesn't say anything about the bolt release being int he handguard...but I think all of the DBM versions of this rifle ahve it there, as it's the "newer" or "later" model of this gun. So I believe it will work.......

frank1947
12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
let us know when you get it, Midway would probably take it back if it doesnt work according to advertisement, long as you dont work on it.

B-radical
12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah I just got done ordering it on my phone, as Midway is blocked from work computers. I looked all over for the bolt release mention, and didn't see it, so we'll try it!! I ordered a few other things, then searched for a Midway promotion code, and saved $20!

Thanks again, it says it should be delivered on 1/3

Now, I hear Savages are picky about the screw tightening sequence, and to a certain INCH lbs....gotta search a bit for that info

frank1947
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
not really that picky on torque, but the stock manufacturer will recommend a torque like the HS i got was 65 inch pounds

B-radical
12-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Got any clues on where to look for the correct sequence? If it matters?

frank1947
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM
just tighten each the same amount in increments if you dont have a torgue wrench. you only have two bolts to do, the very rear is a wood screw that holds trigger gaurd just snug it good

B-radical
01-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Got it in whilst I was on vacation last week, very nice stock (Thanks for the link) It's a heavy beast now!!!

Very quick install, looks and feels really good. I haven't shot it yet to check and see if I need to tighten/loosen the bolts up, cause of all the snow we are getting hammered with. I'll try to load up some pics later.

Although I origionally wanted the "varmint" series, this choate tactical is very nice. I actually ordered the choate varmint cheekrest, hoping that it would fit the butt width wise, and it did, so I mounted it :)

frank1947
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Great!