PDA

View Full Version : Can a centerfeed stock be converted to fit a staggerfeed action?

BoilerUP
12-25-2010, 09:46 PM
I found a long-action 112VLP stock browsing Numrich's website that I like the looks of and I'm not sure if it would be staggerfeed or centerfeed, and if it is centerfeed I'm curious if I can make it work with my older staggerfeed 110 action.

Thanks in advance for help with another newbie question...

pdog06
12-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, it can be made to fit.

Since its for a LA the action screw spacing is the same either way, so that isnt an issue.

Basically the only issue you will have would be the area around the rear pillar that is relieved(on a centerfeed stock) to fit the magazine bracket. On a centerfeed the action actually sits on top of this bracket, so if you put a staggered action in there you will need to fill that gap in the stock.
-The easiest way to do it is to just bed the action, which will fill that gap in during the process. The other remedy is to glue in something to fill the gap, but bedding is a better fix IMO.

BoilerUP
12-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks...

I guess a better question would be if 112VLP and/or 112BT factory stocks were staggerfeed only, or if they were also made in centerfeed?

BoilerUP
02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Bumping from the dead...

I've now got a CF BVSS stock, and it looks like I'd need to relieve a little bit of the mag well in order for my SF action to fit. Jim Briggs also told me the L-clip measures 0.059" tick, and I found a fender washer of the appropriate thickness that I've trimmed to fit the L-clip groove. I figure I'll test-fit everything, glue it into place, and bed everything down the road.

Before I start removing wood, I was just curious if anybody else here has done this before.