PDA

View Full Version : 10ML/10ML-II: Savage 10ML II manual

trappst
12-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Picked up a new 10ML II yesterday and there was no paperwork/owner's manual with it. I plan on calling Savage once they come back to work after the holidays but I need some help now.

Does anyone happen to have the .pdf file for the manual saved on their computer? For some reason the download on the savagearms site isn't working.

Thanks!

EFBell
12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Steve I just downloaded it no problem.

trappst
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Hmmm...that's weird. The link wouldn't open correctly to view the .pdf but downloading it to my computer worked just fine.

Thanks for saying "downloaded" for me!

While I'm here, any idea what in the world is coming out of my new barrel? I've been trying to clean my new barrel but the patches are continually coming out a brownish color. I'd hate to think it's rust....doubt it as the barrel looks fine. Could it be that wonderful shipping/storage oil crap?

Thanks EFBell! I'm looking forward to shooting this thing in the very near future.

EFBell
12-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I kept it simple, got a can of 5744, some mmp sabots and hornady 300 grain bullets. one lee dipper of powder shoots pretty good and recoil is light.

esmd
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Hmmm...that's weird. The link wouldn't open correctly to view the .pdf but downloading it to my computer worked just fine.

Thanks for saying "downloaded" for me!

While I'm here, any idea what in the world is coming out of my new barrel? I've been trying to clean my new barrel but the patches are continually coming out a brownish color. I'd hate to think it's rust....doubt it as the barrel looks fine. Could it be that wonderful shipping/storage oil crap?Thanks EFBell! I'm looking forward to shooting this thing in the very near future.

That's most likely what you're seeing. It's called cosmoline, I believe. Some guns seems to have more of it than others, but a good cleaning should get rid of it.