PDA

View Full Version : my first re-barrel

wink521
12-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I have a model 110 7mm Rem Mag and want to do a re-barrel. I have always wanted a 257 Roberts. Will I have to change the bolt head? And if so, where do I purchase one?

mattri
12-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Because your 110 has a mag bolt head I believe you will have to change bolt heads. Look at the 7x57 parent case vs the 7mm you have now to be sure. I could be wrong- no promises.

As far as the rest of the re-barrel I recently completed a re-barrel on my 200 action, be careful, take your time, double, triple check everything, then do it again a few more times to be sure.

Good luck, Matt.

tiny68
12-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Yes, you need the 0.473" bolthead. You can get one from MidwayUSA or Brownells. Must sure you get the parts to make it a complete bolthead with the ejector pin, spring, and keeper.

Luck, Tim

GaCop
12-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Unless your going to use it as a single shot, you'll have to replace the mag box/follower too.

hailstone
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Done the same too a newer center feed 7mm Rem Mag. Got the bolt head, ejector, springs, extractor and ball detent from Midway.. You may be better off dollar wise buying a complete bolt head rather than individual parts. Managed too locate several Savage CF DBM for give away prices so bought them. Used the LA magazine body and follower for the build. Later after location the DBM bottom metal converted to a DBM rifle. Turned out too be a sweet build. Now just trying too find a load it likes. Good luck on your project.

wink521
12-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Done the same too a newer center feed 7mm Rem Mag. Got the bolt head, ejector, springs, extractor and ball detent from Midway.. You may be better off dollar wise buying a complete bolt head rather than individual parts. Managed too locate several Savage CF DBM for give away prices so bought them. Used the LA magazine body and follower for the build. Later after location the DBM bottom metal converted to a DBM rifle. Turned out too be a sweet build. Now just trying too find a load it likes. Good luck on your project.
Thanks, looking forward to the challenge. After listening to you guys though, sounds like its a breeze.

BradB
12-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I have a new, in the package .473 bolt head I would trade you for your magnum bolt head if it's in good condition.