PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage Model 30 Series G

45acp
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Just bought this 12 gauge pump, had it out to the range this afternoon. Couldn't figure out why it only took two shells in the tube until I had it home and poked around. Now that the wooden dowel is out it'll hold more ammo. Someone told me that you can only have two in the tube to hunt in NJ so I'm sure that's why the previous owner did this.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_uCwdT1lftKw/TRPpj-1YgYI/AAAAAAAAAQk/q5zo_4cAeDs/s800/savage_30_series_g.jpg
I've looked around the web and can't find a whole lot about this shotgun. One of the things I'd like to know is if I can get different barrels. I looked at the Numich site and they have some but it's a bit confusing. For the home I'd probably like something shorter. The barrel is 30" long. Someone said I can also get rifled barrel to shoot monster bullets. Does anyone know if the thread for the barrel is model specific to Savage or is there some standard that many manufactures share? This is my first shotgun so I'm no expert.
Thanks

Blue Avenger
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM
MN is that way also. few guys have been nabbed for making it just long enough to stop a third 3" and got busted when three 2 3/4 loads fit.

sha-ul
12-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Just bought this 12 gauge pump, had it out to the range this afternoon. Couldn't figure out why it only took two shells in the tube until I had it home and poked around. Now that the wooden dowel is out it'll hold more ammo. Someone told me that you can only have two in the tube to hunt in NJ so I'm sure that's why the previous owner did this.

I was thinking that was due to a Federal law& migratory birds.

45acp
12-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I thought it was a NJ thing. We have so many dumb laws I just figured this was just another. I believe NJ extended the 2 in the tube for four legged hunting as well. We can't hunt with 30-06 or other center fire rifles.

Blue Avenger
12-24-2010, 11:17 AM
here it is deer hunting. to much spray and pray with out it.