PDA

View Full Version : 116 FHSS .338 WIN MAG ACCUSTOCK???

KYHUNTER
12-23-2010, 03:48 AM
I am new to the Savage firearms. I bought this gun because I was impressed with the accustock on the website. After getting my gun I noticed that the gun doesn't have accustock. The box had the right model number 116 FHSS and SKU 17973. But the gun doesn't have accustock. The website shows this gun as having accustock. The whole reason I got the gun.... So has anyone else seen this or am I just over looking something.

Thanks

efm77
12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Does it have a smooth barrel nut? Have you taken the stock off to look? You may have gotten some old stock from whatever vendor you bought it from.

scottscalls
12-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I had the same thing happen to me with a 111 .270 Winchester a couple months ago. I bought the gun at Gander Mountain and they ordered it correctly, but their supplier sent the same model without the accustock. I didn't notice it until I got home. I took it back to Gander and they got me the right one for me in a couple of days. They didn't say so, but I have a feeling their supplier was shipping the older models first to move them out. Gander was great to deal with. You should return yours to the dealer and insist on the accustock. Mine shoots 90 grain Sierra hollowpoint varmint bullet handloads under 1/2 MOA all day. The accustock is much stiffer than the old stocks as well. I'm completely sold on it. I'm going to get a 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 in a .243 Win as soon as possible. Good luck.

Scott

brrkln
12-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I just purchased a 10 fcpxp 308 from Dick's and want to change the stock. It has detachable magazine and bolt release on trigger guard. Does anyone know for sure of a replacement stock that will fit drop in?

KYHUNTER
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Well I talked to Savage today about this, and it is just like what you all have said. I got some older invertory. The gun I got was a 07 model. I need a 09 model or newer. I spoke with the dealer I got it from and they are going to replace it. I have to return it. The only down side is I disgaurded the box. But I just have to find a savage box to return it in. The dealer told me that his supplier told him they wont have any for a few months. That no one has them. But when they get them I will have them send it to me, and then I will have a box to send my other one in.