PDA

View Full Version : Predator Hunter Max 1 or Just a Predator hunter?

goosedowner
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Hello,
A couple of years ago I bought a Predator hunter and to say I'm pleased with the accuracy is an under statement. I do have a few Issues with the gun though, First off I really don't like the camoed barreled action and I'm not impressed with the flex in the forearm of the stock.
I was going to send the barreled action out and have it redone by Black T and I bought another stock with plans on reinforcing and stiffing up the forearm but I saw a Predator Hunter Max 1 today in a magazine and thought this might be the answer to all my predator issues. So my question is should I sell my Very accurate predator and buy a new Predator Hunter Max 1 and hope it shoots as good as the old gun or should I put more money into my predator hunter and make it into what I what it to be????

Thanks
Lee

John Model 10
12-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I have the Max-1 PH in .243. It is a tack driver, in the literal sense. Get one. You won't be sorry.

scottscalls
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
The Max 1 has the new accustock and a blued, fluted barrel. I have a .270 with the accustock and am going to get the Max 1 in .243 soon. I LOVE the accustock. It is much stiffer than the old stocks and Savage says it's better than glass bedding. I believe them. My .270 is incredibly accurate. I know either will shoot great, but I also like the fact that the Max 1 is not camo all over and I wouldn't but a new one without the accustock.

scottscalls
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
John, what kind of scope do you have on yours? I need one of these rifles!!!!

John Model 10
12-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I forgot to comment on the accustock. I agree with scott. I was skeptical, at first, but it's great and a LOT more rigid than I imagined it would be. All while keeping a nice sporter profile.

John Model 10
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm running a Bushnell 4200 Elite. It's the 3-12x44 with Ill. mildot FFP reticle. I need to get new pics with that scope. The ones that I posted when I got the rifle had a crappy BSA that wouldn't track. The Bushnell will run with scopes that are double it's price and I'm now in love with FFP. ;D

jbrodie7
12-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I want the max 1 predator hunter in .243 but I havent seen one.... where you all getting yours?

Cycler
12-25-2010, 01:55 PM
May I ask a more fundamental question? Apparently you are very happy with the accuracy of your present rifle, right? What do you hope to accomplish by changing the stock?

wbm
12-25-2010, 04:32 PM
May I ask a more fundamental question? Apparently you are very happy with the accuracy of your present rifle, right? What do you hope to accomplish by changing the stock?

+1

txgolfer45
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm running a Bushnell 4200 Elite. It's the 3-12x44 with Ill. mildot FFP reticle. I need to get new pics with that scope. The ones that I posted when I got the rifle had a crappy BSA that wouldn't track. The Bushnell will run with scopes that are double it's price and I'm now in love with FFP. ;D

Is your Bushnell the model 423124F? I'm looking at that one. The description doesn't say FFP anywhere.

John Model 10
01-29-2011, 10:34 PM

Is your Bushnell the model 423124F? I'm looking at that one. The description doesn't say FFP anywhere.

Yes, that's the one. I found the same thing. A lot of places don't advertise it as FFP, but it is.

helotaxi
01-30-2011, 02:29 PM

Yes, that's the one. I found the same thing. A lot of places don't advertise it as FFP, but it is.

The "F" at the end of the model number indicates FFP. The adjustments are in mils as well if that makes a difference to you. I have one of its big brothers, a 6-24x50, but I'm incredibly tempted to pick up one of the 3-12s for a medium range target rifle. Not my cup of tea for hunting, even predator hunting. Wouldn't get use out of all the features.