PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun savage model 720 part problem

tiger133
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
The shotgun my buddy gave me to look at is a 720 since he found the barrel and gave it to me. I have the entire receiver in pieces now but I have to replace the thin screw that goes in from the bottom as the head was missing. It was a job getting it out but I finally got there.
I have checked with Numerich and Brownells and cannot find a replacement for this screw.
My question is this, since the model appears to be off the Browning patent, can I order a browning screw or are the threads or diameter different? If not, does anyone know where I can locate one of these screws?
Thanks for any help you can provide and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Mad Dog
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd give it a shot, what have you got to lose!

Check the 745 out as well, they might be the same as well.

tiger133
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Mad Dog,
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I called Savage knowing the shotgun is quite old and parts are not available and they could not even tell me if the 745 parts would work, much less one from a Browning. Think I'll take one out of my A5 and see if the threads work. If they do I can order a Browning screw. Merry Christmas and all the best in 2011!

Mad Dog
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Check out the model 750 at Numrichs as well, they're showing parts available that the 720 and 745 don't. They should be the same thing.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=5584