PDA

View Full Version : model 12 lrpv

Pages : 1 [2]

larr
10-18-2009, 04:51 AM
thanks, i hope mine shoots as good. its been raining here all weekend so i didn't get a chance to do any shooting. hopefully savage will let my gunsmith do the work on this rifle.he said he would do the job for $25.00,it seems to me thats cheaper then the shipping costs to savage. when i get to shoot it I'll post the results.

yorketransport
10-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Larr, you could just swap out the bolt head yourself. There's a really good step by step article with pictures on the home page. You could do it in 10-15 minutes.

Andrew

larr
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Larr, you could just swap out the bolt head yourself. There's a really good step by step article with pictures on the home page. You could do it in 10-15 minutes.

Andrew

you have to be a paid member to get that info.

yorketransport
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that you were just a basic user. The $12 is money well spent just for access to the classified section.

Here is a link to what appears to be the exact same directions, but on another sight.

http://www.switchbarrel.com/BOLTHEAD.htm

Andrew

larr
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
thanks for the info, savage is going to pay my gunsmith to change the bolt head, while he's doing it he said he will show me how its done. my gunsmith is a very nice guy and a h*ll of a gunsmith.

TheShootist1894
10-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Take the bolt apart, flip the the bolt nose 180 degrees, tada, fixed! Sounds like someone had it apart to detail clean and just mixed it up during reassembly

larr
10-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Take the bolt apart, flip the the bolt nose 180 degrees, tada, fixed! Sounds like someone had it apart to detail clean and just mixed it up during reassembly

that wont work, it is a left port right bolt. if i turn it 180 like you said it would eject the case to the right where there is no port. i believe they installed a right eject bolt head and realized there mistake and instead of replacing with the correct bolt head they did exactly what you said to do and turned it 180 so it would eject to the left. the only problem with that is it ejects to the left but down wards instead of up wards hence it gets jammed into the receiver.

MikeCTX
10-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Sure you've done this, but did you check to verify that the bolt and rifle numbers match? Maybe the bolt got changed out in error somewhere.

larr
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Sure you've done this, but did you check to verify that the bolt and rifle numbers match? Maybe the bolt got changed out in error somewhere.

yep, thats the first thing savage told me to do and they match the last 4 digits in the serial #.

larr
11-11-2009, 09:18 AM
well its been awhile but i got my bolt head changed and I'm starting to work up a load for my model 12. all i can say is sweeet! ;D while breaking in the barrel i was getting .3 up to .6 five shot groups at 100yds.!! cannot wait to see what i can squeeze out of her during load development. i also became a paid member and to anyone else who's debating whether to become one or not i say DO IT! you wont be disappointed.

yorketransport
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear that you got it worked out! Sounds like another super accurate LRPV. Have fun and post some pics of your groups when you get your loads all tuned.

Andrew