PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter's LH conversion

shovelheadave
12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Still in the "dreaming" stage but, I've been thinking about an LRPV but, I'm LH. So I'm kicking around picking up a RBRP and having it converted to a LBRP.........the southpaw version of a RBLP.

Has anyone here had that LH conversion done ? How does it function afterwards....anyone have pics ? Thx.

Dave,

82boy
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Why not save some time, SSS has had, (and may have) left handed target actions made from the factory. They came in left bolt, right port. Give them a call.

tinkerer
12-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Don't want a left hand action?

Just asking cause you can get a left hand action from NSS and build your own, in my mind cheap, too.

Larry
Tinkerer

shovelheadave
12-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Why not save some time, SSS has had, (and may have) left handed target actions made from the factory. They came in left bolt, right port. Give them a call.

.....and that's why you guys ROCK !!!

I didn't know such an animal existed. Thanks !!!

pdog06
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Has anyone here had that LH conversion done ? How does it function afterwards....anyone have pics ? Thx.

Dave,

Shoot, Hammer has had a bunch done. Probably has 4 or 5 at Freds right now. Im sure he'll post pics when he sees the thread. DOnt know if he's done one with a target action yet though? Probably has.

shovelheadave
12-19-2010, 10:55 PM
What's the surface of the H-S stock that comes on the LRPV ? So long as it's not some rubbery type of thing (Houge-style)....that could be converted to LH like a Duramax.

Hammer
12-20-2010, 12:14 AM

Don't know nothin' 'bout no left-hand conversions.

Nuttin'.

Especially 'bout no convertin' no target actions.

No. Not me.

Can't prove it.

shovelheadave
12-20-2010, 07:23 AM
While we do understand that you can neither confirm nor deny any activities that you may and/or may not have participated in, also neither confirming nor denying any prior knowledge of such alledged activities........would you be able to, through undisclosed channels, be able to provide photographic information of said activities and/or conversions ?

Hammer
12-20-2010, 07:53 AM

Cannot confirm nor deny any activities today.

Am on the road working with clients and will not be back to the Ranch until January.

(Cowboys are no good with modern things like cameras. They are good with old things like 45 Colts and double-barrel shotguns.)

At that point in time in January, I will still not be able to confirm nor deny the left-hand conversions of my target actions.

Oops.

Blue Avenger
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
there not mine..wonder whose?http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Hammer100/DSC03072.jpg

shovelheadave
12-20-2010, 06:55 PM
just by looking at the picture above, the converted action (on on the left), is that a left bolt / right eject then ??

Or is it modified to left eject also ??

Blue Avenger
12-20-2010, 07:12 PM
still a right eject. they actually work better at the bench. your looking right into the port.

shovelheadave
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, that's why I was thinking about starting off with a RBRP. That way the port is on my side.

That's very cool. Thanks for the pix.

Blue Avenger
12-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm a LH shooter and a LH gun on the bench bugs me, I can't see the port when not using an ejector.

Blue Avenger
12-20-2010, 09:56 PM
If you have the tooling and skill it is not a hard job. notch for bolt handle ( i have thought of having one duel bolt L&R hand.) Weld the old one shut if you want a clean look. (hard part :) )
Ramps for lugs need to be cut for left hand operation.
Little more work to make it work with both bolts as they would have to be identical for head space.

shovelheadave
12-21-2010, 06:33 AM
I'm a LH shooter and a LH gun on the bench bugs me, I can't see the port when not using an ejector.

Exactly !!!

I like the bolt on the left but, I do like that I can see the chamber when I'm shooting an RH rifle.