PDA

View Full Version : Striker Mag

Ksmirk
12-19-2010, 01:11 AM
What is the best way to get rid of the goofy trigger hinge part of the striker mag? I am putting the action in a rear grip stock so don't need the hinge thinggy part ;D I will be shooting it single shot due to the COL I'm going to load the 7WSM. Later,

Kirk

Blue Avenger
12-19-2010, 12:37 PM
slide the cover off, if a second gen. But I'm going to guess you have a first gen, in which case you need to bend or cut then off. I bent one of mine so they would be there if ever wanted again and put a single shot follower in the box.
Removing the whole mag box and epoxy a single-shot follower to the receiver or stock also works.

Ksmirk
12-19-2010, 02:29 PM
I did the ol' screwdriver hammer trick and that sucker ain't movin'! hit my dang finger said a few choice words and gave up. I have NEVER had an issue getting mag boxes off a Savage but this on is really testing my nerves.

Yep it's a first gen striker, I've got in my mind to just grind the thing off and if I want a repeater down the road just get another mag box and call it good. I was going to pop the mag box and bed the follower in, that has worked well in the past. Later,

Kirk

Blue Avenger
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
down the road..LOL.. it is already obsolete! try it with out the screw driver, just the hammer.

Ksmirk
12-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I see some constructive precision work with the dremel and a cut off wheel ;D

Your right this sucker is never going to be anything like it was when it was made! now I need to get a list of goodies and sell them to recover a little of the funds that have left my pocket. I guess I let my subscription run out as I don't see the classifieds! I'll have to take care of that here pretty soon. Later,

Kirk