PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New Mark II TR and scope/rings/mounts suggestions

K31Scout
12-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi all,
My first post here. I have money down on a Mark II TR from a local shop up here in rural MI. I got it for $407 and have researched these Mark II's here and there for a while. I have high hopes of it being a great target/trainer rifle.

I'm looking for suggestions on mounts, rings and scope. I'd like to shoot up to 100 yards.

K31Scout
12-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Also if I decide on a 44 or 50 objective, will I need extra high rings?
Thanks

Rifleman51
12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Since it already has a built in rail, you won't need one. The Millet Tactical rings are about $40. and are great rings. Six screws on the top and a wide ring. As to height of the rings , it depends on the scope used.
For general shooting, the Muller APV 4 X 14 X 40 is the best deal going. Use low Millet rings with it.

For target use only, Millet makes a 30 or 35 power target scope, side focus and removable turrets so that you can zero them once sighted at the range you will be shooting at. The scope has very fine wire retical and a lifetime warrenty.
As to sharpness and brightness, you will have to spend two or three times more to get a better scope. The Target scope may require medium rings.
If you have a gun shop nearby, once you get the scope, you can try out the different height rings or just do the math based on the size of the scope and the height of the rings. You want the scope to be very close to the barrel, but not touch.

If you choose a scope other than the Mueller, be sure to get an AO scope. All the Muellers are. Otherwise you will have accuracy problems due to parellex if you shoot at a range other than the set parellex.
Lots of people like the new low cost Redfields, but they are not AO scopes.

John K

K31Scout
12-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks John.

langkg
12-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Greetings - I just got a new MarkII BTVSS in .22 and plan to purchase a Mueller APV 4.5-14 x 40 AO scope on it. I like the Millett Angle-Loc rings. Does anybody know if this ring will work on the rails on this rifle? Additionally, will I need to order a low, med or high ring?

thx...!!!

Cycler
12-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Greetings - I just got a new MarkII BTVSS in .22 and plan to purchase a Mueller APV 4.5-14 x 40 AO scope on it. I like the Millett Angle-Loc rings. Does anybody know if this ring will work on the rails on this rifle? Additionally, will I need to order a low, med or high ring?

thx...!!!
The "rails" on my BTVLS (same rifle but left-handed) are just standard Weaver-type bases so yes, the Millett Angle-Loc rings will fit fine. A 40 mm objective should be fine with medium height rings.