PDA

View Full Version : 10FXP .308 from wally world...yes another ? on this one

BattOpGrunt
12-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes it is another Walmart special thread...10fxp .308 w/Accutrigger and Bushnell Sharpshooter 3-9x40.

So, where do I find specs within the Savage Arms website? I'm not exactly sure which one it compares to and the documentation it came with is fairly vague.

Also, is the Bushnell decent? Rec any replacements off the top of your head/experience that will not burn up my wallet? Say, $100-$175 range.

Thank you in advance ladies and gents.

bootsmcguire
12-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Is that a non-accutrigger gun? If so I would imagine the Stevens 200 mechanical specs would be very close. As far as a scope I assume you are using it as a hunting rifle rather than primarily a target or long range varmint rifle, I would say look at Vortex Scopes. I have one of the Vortex Crossfires 6x40mm on my close-mid range deer rifle and it is nice and clear, adjustments are positive and crisp, and is still pretty bright in low light compared to the bushnell you've got on there now. Another one to look at is Swift Scopes. I have no idea what they are going for, but I have one that came on a used gun purchase and I love it. Clear crisp optics and transmits light pretty good at dusk for those last minute of shooting hours kills.

Nefarioud
12-17-2010, 05:25 PM
The one I got was a blind-mag Accu-trigger Model 10FXP I bought for $384 just to get the action (I'll post all the take off stuff in the classifieds for cheap)

I think it's a good price since actions go for around $300

I'm pretty sure it's a spec gun built for wal-mart I've never seen them anywhere else.

bluealtered
12-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Welcome aboard BattOpGrunt, glass is one of those things that each scope fits each persons eyes different, so nothing to say there. If you lived in the northwest and went to bi-mart, you could get a new model 11 package rifle on sale complete for $329 at the moment, thats a deal around here. blue

BattOpGrunt
12-18-2010, 03:47 PM
So, this mornings visit to the range yielded some good results. Some notes on what I experienced.

No way could this have been bore sighted from factory. Or the Wally world guys jacked up the dial-in.

After getting it on paper, yes it was that far off, it was easy as pie dialing it in.

.5in 3-shot groups at 100m, .7 @ 200m and ringing the 12" 'gong' @ 300.

Bench rest, Federal150g SP, perfect weather.

I am extremely pleased with this rifle, solid shooter.