PDA

View Full Version : 110 trigger swap issues

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-23-2024, 02:23 PM
Let me begin by saying that I have done trigger swaps on 110s in the past with no issues at all, so I'm really flustered why this one is giving me issues?

The rifle is a 110 e + d. If you look at the pictures I'm replacing the trigger on the left with the trigger on the right trigger on the right I have no clue what model it came off of but it has the right profile that I was looking for. If you look at the two of them stacked in the second picture you can see why I want to replace the original trigger it sits up too high and is way too much curve in the trigger shoe then I like, I'd actually pokes my finger when it's resting on it.

Issue I'm having is the new replacement trigger is not interacting with the sear, it acts like it wants a shorter sear engagement? I don't want to do any filing on the sear or on the sear engagement on the trigger. When the rifle is cocked it will not release the seer. I have both the over travel and the safety screws backed way out that they are below the surface so they are not the issue.

I guess I may have to look for a new trigger but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions?

https://flic.kr/p/2pT14gF

https://flic.kr/p/2pT14Wt

pdog06
05-23-2024, 04:49 PM
Can you post a pic of the newly swapped trigger mounted on the action and bolt cocked?
The trigger does have a sear engagement adjustment screw on it. Did you back that off so it can be reset correctly? Trigger looks like a Timney or RB Sav1?

I would back the sear adj. screw off till it’s flush, then go into Rifle Basix website and download and follow the instructions to adjust the SAV1 trigger.

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-23-2024, 06:52 PM
Can you post a pic of the newly swapped trigger mounted on the action and bolt cocked?
The trigger does have a sear engagement adjustment screw on it. Did you back that off so it can be reset correctly? Trigger looks like a Timney or RB Sav1?

I would back the sear adj. screw off till it’s flush, then go into Rifle Basix website and download and follow the instructions to adjust the SAV1 trigger.

The sear screw is also backed out. My guess is that the top rear of the trigger is hitting the safety bar. There is zero room for the trigger to move so it can't disengage the sear. I'm thinking I need to remove some material from the rear area, maybe just a little off the rear to give it a bevel for clearance without affecting the safety engagement. I'd post a pic like you ask for but you cannot see anything with the trigger installed.

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-23-2024, 07:40 PM
Here's a pic of the two showing the sear pads. The replacement trigger has a taller pad. I'm gonna have my gunsmith shave the tail down a bit to make up the difference.

https://flic.kr/p/2pT2M68

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-23-2024, 08:40 PM
I experimented and swapped the trigger into an early f-series flat back 110 that I have and it worked perfectly. The rifle that I'm trying to swap this trigger into is a non-letter prefix serial it's very old 110 so there must be something different in the geometry of the trigger housing Sear placement really not sure, the two safeties are are different styles so I'm thinking it's got to be the factor so I'll just have to hunt around some more.

sharpshooter
05-23-2024, 09:32 PM
Pre 1966 triggers are completely different, as well as the sear and the safety. Besides that, the depth of the stock is also shallower, hence the lower profile trigger shoe.

Blue Avenger
05-23-2024, 10:27 PM
Did you notice the length from the pivot pin is also different?

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-24-2024, 04:57 AM
Did you notice the length from the pivot pin is also different?

Actually I don't see any difference in length from the pivot pin. ? I compared them from every angle, the rear sections are shaped differently. I believe if I have the rear on the replacement milled down it will work.

I think I've found a proper replacement.

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-24-2024, 05:09 AM
Pre 1966 triggers are completely different, as well as the sear and the safety. Besides that, the depth of the stock is also shallower, hence the lower profile trigger shoe.

Yes it all came about because I swapped it out of the original stock and put it in a walnut stock.

Blue Avenger
05-24-2024, 08:36 AM
Actually I don't see any difference in length from the pivot pin. ? I compared them from every angle, the rear sections are shaped differently. I believe if I have the rear on the replacement milled down it will work.

I think I've found a proper replacement.

Must be camera angle, there different when I look at my screen picture

AZ_GUN_NUT
05-25-2024, 02:49 PM
Must be camera angle, there different when I look at my screen picture

Are you referring to the trigger bow? Yes that is different which is why I need to change it .

AZ_GUN_NUT
06-01-2024, 12:56 PM
I ended up buying a complete trigger assembly on eBay It had the trigger with the matching profile the one I was trying to use the only difference is it doesn't have sear adjustment screw. So I just received it today I swapped over my trigger with a three screws installed it and everything worked perfectly. Everything looks identical to the original trigger assembly system so it must just be something a bit off and the geometry of the pinholes I'm assuming that wouldn't let this trigger work for me?