PDA

View Full Version : Choate stock....front screw constantly shooting loose, driving me nuts

HaveBlue83
04-21-2024, 02:37 PM
Someone tell me not to use locktite red, because I'm about to. It's already backed out of locktited blue

I just JB weld bedded it because it needed more contact pad area as it is, and this just went from 35in lbs to 25 in lbs in 6 shots. Yes I've used to sequence savage suggests.

It's a 300wm 110 LA but it's braked and doesn't punish you with recoil.

I don't have any other options but trying green, then next red. I'm gonna sell the entire setup if I have to use the Tupperware stock. They are ugly and I don't hunt lol. I got it for a nice cloney build. It ain't working for me.

Any advice would be awesome.

sharpshooter
04-21-2024, 09:27 PM
Torque the front 65 and the rear 55 in/lbs. Don't use loctite!

big honkin jeep
04-23-2024, 07:57 AM
Maybe an external tooth star type lockwasher???

MS50
04-23-2024, 10:40 AM
Make sure the recoil lug is in full contact with the lug recess. If it isn't, the action screws absorb the recoil, and could vibrate the screw loose. I had to bed the V block and lug in my Choate to achieve proper alignment. Might be worth a look.

HaveBlue83
04-23-2024, 03:27 PM
Yep I had to go up in tq'. Wasn't enough with larger caliber. 65 65 and it held, now I can find tune the front.

I ended up bedding the v block and a bit of the lug. It's def making contact

ice tea
04-23-2024, 11:47 PM
is the bolt head underside seated consistantly flush all way around, cuz maybe the face of the insert in stock is at angle, and bolt head not setaing flat, w/ only contact on one side.