PDA

View Full Version : JBM & MIL readings???

Taidog1
04-07-2024, 10:43 AM
OK...I'm good on MOA...totally new on MIL. Getting ready to p/up my Zeiss S3 in MIL. A bit anxious about all that I don't know about MIL.

Went to JBM - my favorite site for viewing ballistic data - plugged in cartridge / bullet / speed / BC etc, etc. Hoping to find MIL data.

What I can't find is the box to check so my input data comes out in MILs. Keeps coming out in MOA. Maybe it's supposed to??? IDK.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

PhilC
04-08-2024, 09:08 AM
I haven't used their program but did check the Trajectory calculator, I was able to click the drop down for windage and elevation and change from MOA to MIL repeat at bottom of calculator for output as well. Hope that helps.

Taidog1
04-08-2024, 04:42 PM
I haven't used their program but did check the Trajectory calculator, I was able to click the drop down for windage and elevation and change from MOA to MIL repeat at bottom of calculator for output as well. Hope that helps.

Hey Phil...

Thank you, greatly appreciate the suggestion. Went directly to JBM - looked on the data entry page - cannot find the word Trajectory anywhere????? I checked the box for Meters in the bottom left corner of page - still MOA?????? I know you are right Phil - I'm just not checking the right boxes.

charlie b
04-08-2024, 05:34 PM
There is an area just above the bottom section that has selections for the output columns. You can click on them to get a drop down that allows for MIL, MOA, and others.

Taidog1
04-08-2024, 05:53 PM
There is an area just above the bottom section that has selections for the output columns. You can click on them to get a drop down that allows for MIL, MOA, and others.

Found it Charlie. Thank you.

Column 1 and Column 2 - changed to MIL settings. Done. There is hope for me. :-) Maybe. I failed math in school too many times to count. I am a tenacious soul though.

Very much enjoying this site. Thanks to helpful folks like yourself.

PhilC
04-09-2024, 09:23 AM
Thank you, greatly appreciate the suggestion. Went directly to JBM - looked on the data entry page - cannot find the word Trajectory anywhere?????
Happy to help, this is the calculator I thought you were using - https://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi