PDA

View Full Version : New stock on model 110....change of POI

teebirdhyzer
12-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I have a model 110 in .270...centerfeed blind magazine stock. I just finished converting it over to a Detachable box magazine type stock. Should I expect a Point of impact change by changing out the stock? both are wood, both are free floated on the barrel, and both are virtually the same except for the magazine type. Just wondering...... thanks

camel24hrs
12-16-2010, 08:05 PM
I have no idea. But I was wondering where did you find the stock and clip at and how much was it. I have a 110 center feed blind magazine with a synthetic stock and have thought about converting it.

jwpark
12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Even if you change the torque on a existing stock, the POI will change, because the harmonic of the rifle changes.

teebirdhyzer
12-16-2010, 08:43 PM
thanks jwpark. I figured it would make a small difference, but only minimal. I will check her out at the range just to be sure.

Camel24hrs..... I ordered this stock from numrich for $99. It's one of many available there, but I wanted the classic style stock with detachable magazine.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1161260&catid=12204

Then, I ordered the magazine floorcap and bottom metal from Sharp Shooter Supply. I called them and gave my card over the phone...great to deal with !

Because the stock is for the new style "classic model" with the bolt release by the trigger, I had to do a little work with a dremel tool on the stocks interior so the bolt release on mine would fit down into the stock. Also, this stock is a little slimmer than my model 110s stock, so I had to order the front action screw for a 114 classic from savage. Don't let any of this scare you...I've never done any type of mod to a gun before, and this was all pretty easy. I now have a really nice that looks as good as it shoots.

sims5
12-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Interested in seeing the detachable magazine conversion from the blind magazine set-up.