PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 ultralight safety issues

Jonathanelon
04-05-2024, 01:46 AM
I have a new savage 110 ultralight in 7mm PRC. Each time I fire, the recoil engages the safety. Same if I drop buttock on the ground. Seems safety is too lose. Otherwise safety works fine in all 3 positions. Anyone else have this issue?

J.Baker
04-05-2024, 02:25 PM
Sounds like the safety screw on the trigger assembly needs adjusted. Access to the screw is typically plugged by Savage with a white or yellow plug that would need to be picked out to get access to the set screw.

Whynot
04-05-2024, 02:40 PM
I have a new savage 110 ultralight in 7mm PRC. Each time I fire, the recoil engages the safety. Same if I drop buttock on the ground. Seems safety is too lose. Otherwise safety works fine in all 3 positions. Anyone else have this issue?

Did savage change the design so that the safety can be engaged without the bolt being cocked? After firing- the safety (on older models) could not be moved until you run the bolt....

J.Baker
04-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Did savage change the design so that the safety can be engaged without the bolt being cocked? After firing- the safety (on older models) could not be moved until you run the bolt....

Nope, not that I'm aware of. Safety should only be able to engage when the firing pin is in the cocked position. Ditto with the half-safe position.