PDA

View Full Version : Ultralite 6.5 prc and ABLR 142gr

micknz
03-25-2024, 01:14 AM
hi folks.
anyone had joy getting the the ABLR 142gr bullets to stabilise using the ultralite 110 6.5mm PRC? I've got someone trying to sort out a load, but getting 1.5MOA with every group with charge ladder.... wondering if the bullet can't stabilise?... could be a "seating depth"... I'll have to check with the gunsmith what CBOL they're using, but I suspect it's related to mag length... any experience with seating length, or loads that work with the Proof barrel would be appreciated....

Fuj'
03-25-2024, 10:09 AM
What is that bullet's exact length, what FPS are you at, and what is your twist rate ??.....
Loads that work with a Proof barrel means nothing without knowing how much throat
is available and how much your jumping that bullet. Did you find the jam point to start ??

For 1.5" groups, it can very well be something else. What shape are the groups generally ??
Any reason you chose the Nosler's ??

PhilC
03-25-2024, 06:04 PM
What is that bullet's exact length, what FPS are you at, and what is your twist rate ??.....
Loads that work with a Proof barrel means nothing without knowing how much throat
is available and how much your jumping that bullet. Did you find the jam point to start ??

For 1.5" groups, it can very well be something else. What shape are the groups generally ??
Any reason you chose the Nosler's ??
+1!

Something I learned when playing with ABLRs is they don't necessarily perform best "in the lands" so don't be afraid to experiment off the lands more than "conventional wisdom" might indicate.