PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: new MK2 GL failed to extract

sniper223
12-15-2010, 08:40 PM
We were sighting in a brand new Mk2 GL with a Nikon 4X yesterday. I loved the trigger. After about 15 rounds or so, it failed to extract the empty shell. I can remove the empty shell with my finger nail. We were testing with a CCI Blazer. The extractor is new and sharp. It doesn’t do it every round. It would fail after 4 shots or so. We did let the barrel cooled down between shots. We will test it with a different brand. Is it a common problem with MK2?

SFLEFTY
12-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I was hoping somebody else had some good suggestions for you, but I had the same problem. It was a LH 17HMR with AccuTrigger and it shot MOA, but failed to extract 3 of the first 20. I didn't use my fingernail, but with a cleaning rod there was NO resistance from the empties, they just slid out. My solution was to trade it for a LH 11 in 243. My only theory was that if the chamber is a little deep which would include the rim part, the extractor doesn't quite close on the rim and it just slips. My extractor was new and sharp also. I question if sending it back to Savage was worth the trouble. I still don't think they would have invested enough effort to fix an elusive problem like that, especially if it needed a new barrel to fix it. That's only my somewhat cautious, leary opinion though.