PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions - 110 Scout

dtalbot
03-11-2024, 04:59 PM
I'm considering purchasing this used rifle in a noncatalogued chambering I've found for sale.
I'm purchasing this for the chambering and not because it's a Scout rifle. I plan to alter it to fit my needs; Boyds stock, standard scope rail.

1. Is the bottom metal just that, made of metal? Can this rifle be easily converted to a blind mag instead of the box mag? I don't need 10 rounds, 3 would suffice.
2. Is the barrel profile the same as that of the tactical rifle; heavy barrel?

Thanks for any assistance you may provide.

Dave Hoback
03-11-2024, 08:24 PM
The 110 Scout uses a Polymer bottom metal. The barrel is a Heavy contour & measures .70” in front of the front sight.

dtalbot
03-12-2024, 09:13 AM
Thanks for that info. One more question if I may, is it true that the Scout rifle is considered a long action spacing (as it relates to a Boyds stock)?

Dave Hoback
03-12-2024, 10:26 AM
No, the 110 Scout uses a Short Action Receiver. 4.41” spacing.

J.Baker
03-12-2024, 11:44 AM
Are you sure about the bottom metal being plastic Dave? The one I had in for review back in 2015 had metal bottom metal, and the last one I looked at in a gun shop (probably two years ago) also had metal bottom metal. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing a plastic bottom metal on any model Savage that accepts the AICS magazines. Only plastic bottom metal I have ever seen is for the standard Savage 3/4 round mags and only used on a select few light weight models fitted with wood stocks like the Lady Hunter and the original Lightweight Hunter.

Dave Hoback
03-12-2024, 12:04 PM
Oh really? No, I’m not hands on positive. I’m recalling several articles I’ve read over the last couple years. But I don’t have a new 110 Scout to verify. Actually, I don’t know of anyone who has one or seen one in any stores. Or the 450 Bushmaster, which I believe is what the OP was alluding to. All my experience with that round is through AR15’s. But I guess they are still metal. I apologize.

dtalbot
03-12-2024, 08:14 PM
Thanks all!