PDA

View Full Version : 110 magazine change

Butch257
02-27-2024, 06:40 PM
I have a Model 12 Varminter that is a top bolt release pre- Accu trigger gun with blind magazine and 4 9/32" between action screws. This is an F pre-fix serial # gun. I have ordered a Boyd's AT One stock for it with the same magazine configuration. Now I'm wondering if a gunsmith can add bottom metal and magazine. BTW the magazine is connected to the action in the current configuration.

I'm new to this forum and appreciate some Savage knowledge from you guys.

Dave Hoback
02-27-2024, 07:24 PM
Your’s is a 2nd Gen. Short Action with Staggered Feed mag box. The measurement is actually 4.275” between Action screws. Typically going to a standard magazine like the AICS, requires eliminating the attached mag box and machining the back of the mag well of the Action slightly. But I don’t know off hand if any Bottom metals are produced for the 2nd Gen SA. I know some of the Chassis support either the 4.400” or the 4.275” with a cam style keeper/screw assembly. The MDT TAC21 Chassis I had was like that & would fit either.

Butch257
03-23-2024, 08:24 PM
Your’s is a 2nd Gen. Short Action with Staggered Feed mag box. The measurement is actually 4.275” between Action screws. Typically going to a standard magazine like the AICS, requires eliminating the attached mag box and machining the back of the mag well of the Action slightly. But I don’t know off hand if any Bottom metals are produced for the 2nd Gen SA. I know some of the Chassis support either the 4.400” or the 4.275” with a cam style keeper/screw assembly. The MDT TAC21 Chassis I had was like that & would fit either.

Just found out Coretac in Canada makes bottom metal. Gonna pursue this with them if they can ship to US.

Dave Hoback
03-23-2024, 08:30 PM
Oh cool! They should be able to as it’s just a part for the stock. Canadian makers can’t ship Barrels. I know that. But I was able to purchase a type of Barrel Nut I really like from a Barrel maker in Canada. So the Bottom Metal shouldn’t be an issue. But I guess ya never know.