PDA

View Full Version : Savage stocks and magazines.

bassetman1974
02-27-2024, 05:22 PM
New here with a few questions. I purchased two new SA Savages in 2021. The first is a 110 in 6.5 Creedmoor with Accufit stock with accu lug and aics magazine. It rebarreled fine to 338 Federal. The second was a model 10 chambered in 243 with varmint contour in the cheapest stock possible with a blind magazine and it has the standard tapered lug with tab.

I want to find a better stock for the latter and blind magazine preferred. If I were to go with the Aics, will it work with my action without any machine work? Just curious of possible stock choices and not a chassis. Savage made stock shopping difficult with generations and detachable magazine. The Aics is a detachable magazine but not a Savage detachable magazine.

Any help would be appreciated.

pdog06
02-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Is the model 10 top or bottom bolt release?

Basically with it being a centerfeed the options are wide open. Just depends on what style you want and what the budget is. Personally I really like the B&C Medalist for a very solid blind mag stock for a varmint barreled rifle. But there are many others.

bassetman1974
02-27-2024, 08:17 PM
So, if I understand you correctly, a center feed mag type can be converted to AICS without any modifications?

Dave Hoback
02-27-2024, 11:09 PM
Yes. The Staggerfeed requires some custom work. It’s not difficult if you know what you are doing. Removing the mag box and a bit of machining to the Action’s magwell. Really just round the back side a bit.