PDA

View Full Version : BA110 LE Bolt stuck closed, can lif

PhillipFisher
02-26-2024, 04:19 PM
I fired two shots and the third was the charm. The bolt is difficult to raise up, and when I do, its locked closed. Looking for suggestions on how to remove the bolt and prevent it from happening again.

NF1E
02-26-2024, 04:40 PM
Point muzzle to the sky and dump some kroil down the tube. Let it sit for a bit and try opening again. Was this by chance a hot hand load in long trimmed brass?

Rocketvapor
02-26-2024, 04:43 PM
Wasn't there one a few days ago with the BAS not locked down?
But I agree, Long case body, or hot load.
With bolt handle FULL up, pull straight back, don't lift rear of bolt.

Dave Hoback
02-26-2024, 07:22 PM
Yeah, sounds like a the Primary Extraction ain’t doing it’s thing. Like Rocket mentioned, check the tightness/torque of the big screw on the back of the bolt. The BAS (Bolt Assembly Screw). If it’s loose, Primary Extraction won’t Work because the Bolt body is essentially too long.

Is this new?

Did you happen to DO anything to it before this happened that is being left out? Had it apart, installed a part, etc? Anything? Not saying you did. Just you wouldn’t believe how many times guys have been in asking about a problem.. then after 2 pages and us scratching our heads, we finally find out so & so part was just installed, and the OP failed to disclose it. Give you one guess what the problem ended up being in every single one of those cases? LOL!

BTW: Welcome to the Forum. :tea: