PDA

View Full Version : Accufit stock, can it fit an Axis II?

Tiekmir
02-26-2024, 01:08 AM
Probably not, but I'd figure I'd ask anyways. Can an Axis II action fit an Accufit stock?

Yes? No? Just wondering. Thanks.

Dave Hoback
02-26-2024, 11:08 AM
No, the Axis Action is sized in between the 110 SA & LA Actions. The Action screw spacing, trigger recoil lug would not line up correctly. It would be like trying to put a 110 into a stock for the Rem. 700. Must use stocks which are inlet for the Axis Action.

Tiekmir
02-26-2024, 05:24 PM
No, the Axis Action is sized in between the 110 SA & LA Actions. The Action screw spacing, trigger recoil lug would not line up correctly. It would be like trying to put a 110 into a stock for the Rem. 700. Must use stocks which are inlet for the Axis Action.

Thanks. I did not think so, but it was worth confirming.

Dave Hoback
02-27-2024, 12:45 AM
Absolutely my friend! It’s always smart to ask. And there are no bad questions. Sharing knowledge amongst each other is the point of this. The only way to know is to research & ask.

Rivethead
03-02-2024, 09:03 PM
Let me hijack this... since the subject is the same as I was gonna...
I have what I thought was an Axis 223, but it says Savage Model 11 (TBR-CF-DM 4.4" screw holes)
I have what I think is an Accustock - Alum bedding block about 8 3/4" long with hole spacing 4.4"
I can't get the action to sit in for a look-see fit because the recoil lug area has no cutout. It looks like I *might* have to relieve some for the top bolt release lever, but mu Q is: Can I make this fit my rifle with minimum mods? What do I need to replace the recoil lug? any other gotchas?
Thanks

Robinhood
03-02-2024, 11:56 PM
I have what I thought was an Axis 223, but it says Savage Model 11 (TBR-CF-DM 4.4" screw holes)
I have what I think is an Accustock - Alum bedding block about 8 3/4" long with hole spacing 4.4"
I can't get the action to sit in for a look-see fit because the recoil lug area has no cutout. It looks like I *might* have to relieve some for the top bolt release lever, but mu Q is: Can I make this fit my rifle with minimum mods? What do I need to replace the recoil lug? any other gotchas?
Thanks

Interesting. Both the 10 and the axis have recoil lugs. I bet you have a stock that does not fit the 10.

Dave Hoback
03-03-2024, 12:44 AM
Thanks

If you have an Accustock, it requires use of a 110 with an Accu-Lug. A proprietary Recoil Lug that the Accustock will accept.

This is the Accu-Lug. You can modify your factory lug to the same dimensions or simply purchase an Accu-Lug to replace your current. Lastly, you can modify the Accustock to accept your factory Recoil Lug.
https://i.ibb.co/qNQBgJS/1-C5-FD326-4-C9-D-48-F1-8106-CACA94-ADE59-C.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Accu-Lug to purchase.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778238465?pid=238465

Rivethead
03-03-2024, 08:27 AM
Thanks, Dave...
I *DO* have one of those recoil lugs in my parts box... I thought it was just another aftermarket lug- didn't use it when I bedded the FV112 because it doesn't have the alignment punch-out the OEM does. I also have a notched barrel nut to replace the smooth one. My original idea was to use the accustock instead of pillar bedding, I now figure I should at least try it.

There is a hole in front of the lug - what is that for?

It's been years since I brought all that stuff... just now getting around to digging it out.

Thanks

Dave Hoback
03-03-2024, 09:16 AM
You don’t have an Accu-Lug unless you had a 110 with an Accustock that you took apart. Did you purchase a 110 in an Accustock and removed the Recoil lug at some point? They are only factory. There are no aftermarket Accu-lugs.

Edit: Sorry, you said the front. I was looking at the hole behind it. (Didn’t see the other hole in the picture at first.) I’m not sure what that for.

Robinhood
03-03-2024, 07:52 PM
The hole in front is for the accuwedge, no longer used.

Rivethead
03-03-2024, 09:52 PM
I bought the accustock from Numrich and IIRC I got the lug from midway.
I suppose now I will have to pull the barrel and swap the lug to try the stock- then I mught have to relieve a little for the TBR to work correctly.
I better hurry, weather is warming...