PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Trigger for Savage 116

TxJL
12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Hello Ladies and Gents -

I am minutes old to Savage Shooters!

I have a 116 .270 and he to change trigger... I am open to all suggestions...

Thanks for the help

SM

sha-ul
12-15-2010, 11:50 AM
could you please clarify your question? It is not very clear.

DGD6MM
12-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Jewel for Savage? Don't believe they make one.

82boy
12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle. At one time Jewel made a few 3 oz bechrest trigger prototypes, but do to many different factors they stop making it. My guess is you have a hunting gun, and your not happy with the trigger, and your looking for an aftermarket trigger, is this right?

There are a few company's that make trigger for the Savage rifle if you do a search you will find hundreds of post that talk about the subject.

Sharp Shooters Supply (SSS) makes two triggers for the Savage rifle. One is their competition trigger; it is adjustable from 2lbs down to 12 OZ, and cost is under $100 bucks, it is a drop in trigger. Most people agree out of all the triggers their triggers have the best feel. The second is there Evolution trigger this is a BENCHREST ONLY trigger that has a 2oz pull. This is what I think about in regards to a Jewel trigger. Cost is around $300, and some additional work to the action and stock is needed.

Next is the Rifle Basix triggers, they offer two. Their Sav 1 with is similar to Timney, and Jard in price and design. (Around $100 bucks, they are drop in, and has a trigger pull of 4lbs to to 2lbs.) I don't see the advantage of them over a old style factory Savage 3 screw trigger that can be found for around $25 bucks. Rifle Basix has a second trigger called the Sav 2 it cost around $160-$170 it has a pull weight of 3lbs to 4oz. The Sav2 is realistic the only competition that the SSS comp trigger has. It is a toss up between the two, but majority of people claim that they like the fell of the SSS trigger better. Many also complain that the Sav 2 is hard to adjust.

That wraps up trigger in a nut shell.

TxJL
12-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Sorry for the unclear question..

I am looking to change the current stock trigger, because it is horrible. I have heard Jewel is the best.

Thanks for any information.

SM

mjd199
12-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle.

I am looking to change the current stock trigger, because it is horrible. I have heard Jewel is the best.

SM

I don't think he gets it.

LHitchcox
12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
There are several available replacements starting with a factory 3-screw trigger from Northland to factory replacements from Rifle Basix, Timney, and Sharpshooter Supply.

birdie
12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
The basix sav-2 trigger can be tricky to install.I would go for the sav 1 or the SSS 12 ounce trigger. I have installed all of these and probably would choose the SSS trigger. Good luck.

TxJL
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
@ mjd199 Jewel doesn't make a trigger for a Savage rifle.

Quote from: TxJL on Yesterday at 10:25:40 PM

SM

I don't think he gets it.

I get it. I reposted the question and it appears there was lag.

To everyone else, thank you for the information..

SM