PDA

View Full Version : From real time to a hobby

LDSILLS
02-22-2024, 10:28 AM
Im Larry,

Predator caller and professional trapper. Benn shooting guns since 1963. First BB Guns and then Firearms. Guns have always been apart of my life and get this America in 1965 I took my 20 gauge bolt action to school for show and tell, true story. No special permission nothing just took it.

Getting older having trouble with my two legs and mobility so why not turn shooting into a hobby. Dont know if I can shoot F-Class as getting up off the ground is hard. But hey! Bench and even Golf balls or Egg shoots at range maybe be fun.

My choice for this hobby is my 20 year old 12BVSS, going to upgrade it from a .22-250 to a 6mm BR. I can't decide on a criterion Barrel or Shilen but it will be. 30inch with a 1/8 twist. New barrel nut from Savage and Ill true it myself. Savage lug lapped by PTG.Ill upgrade the bolt with a PTG bolt kit. Haven't decided about a trigger yet. Reloading upgrades will come from Forster.

Be Safe,

Larry

Dave Hoback
02-22-2024, 01:44 PM
You came to the right place, welcome.

Sounds like a good plan you have for yourself. Interested for you to share the build along with the forum. And we love pictures along the way.

ragsflh
02-22-2024, 07:15 PM
welcome

LDSILLS
02-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Dave,

Where would a good place be in the forum to post the start of my build?

Thank you

Larry

Dave Hoback
02-22-2024, 08:40 PM
Dave,

Where would a good place be in the forum to post the start of my build?

Thank you

Larry

Hi Larry,
If you look a little ways down the the list of specific Forum sections, there is one that for Member Builds and Range Reports,which can be viewed here:
https://www.savageshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?122-Member-Builds-amp-Range-Reports

For adding pictures, you can use a free 3rd party hosting site. I use https://imgbb.com/ as thee is no sign up or even using your email. Simply Upload pics from your device library & when finished, click on the picture &copy the BBCode link from the choices. Then just paste the link right in your thread response. It will paste as a link, but when you click Post Reply, the link will show up as a picture. Sounds like more than it is. Super easy & doesn’t use up Bandwidth on the site’s server.

GaCop
03-30-2024, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the group.

J.Baker
03-30-2024, 09:05 AM
Welcome aboard!