PDA

View Full Version : SAVAGE BIPODS - New product - Anyone tried it yet?

Tiekmir
02-18-2024, 11:42 PM
I am not sure if this belongs here but there isn't really a forum area for accessories. As I have an Axis II XP .308 I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone buy one? Yes? Quality? Ease of use? Personal opinions? I haven't heard or seen any reveiws of them yet. I know they sure do look awesome.

https://savagearms.com/bipods

tomme boy
02-22-2024, 01:42 AM
All the plastic bipods I have seen are garbage. Magpul being the top dog too

Dave Hoback
02-22-2024, 04:46 AM
Yeah, they aren’t the best as they flex too much. But it’s likely better than some of the knock offs. Although for some of the Aluminum knock offs, there are some cheap mods that make them half ok. I resorted to machining parts & making my own, as I wanted good but I won’t spend $300 for what essentially a box, bag, coat or a rock can do! Still, $100 isn’t terrible and it looks a bit nicer than the Magpul. Still, I would expect the same lack of rigidity.

prdatr
03-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Based on my experience with El Cheapo Axis I wouldn't buy a bipod from Savage at twice that price. I saw a show on Savage on the Outdoor Channel last week. It was well put together, talked about the history, current employees who have been there for decades as well as tribulations.
Never once brought up the huge lack of quality control that has plagued them for years or the total lack of customer service.

Winchester Model 70 has been referred to as "The Riflemans Rifle".

I feel that the Savage of the last decade, or more, should be referred to as the shade tree gunsmiths rifle. And not because it is easy to tinker with, but out of necessity.