PDA

View Full Version : 110 long action stagger feed, which stocks are inletted for Accurate Mag bottom metal?

tammons
02-13-2024, 06:34 PM
I have a 110 stagger feed long action, and I am wondering which stocks are inletted to fit the above.

The website says the Accurate Mag bottom metals are designed for Accu-Stock rifles.

Will my action drop into an Accu-Stock?

Are there any lightweight aftermarket stocks that are pre-inletted for factory Savage bottom metal or the Accurate Mag bottom metals?

Thanks

big honkin jeep
02-14-2024, 11:12 PM
Which magazine does your staggerfeed have? The detachable box or the fixed blind magazine?

I do know the accustock rifles use a different recoil lug and a centerfeed magazine with the CF blind mag versions sitting in the stock rather than attached to the action with tabs like the old SF blind mags, but am unsure of other differences or compatibility of your action with the newer CF detachable mags.

Id like to know whats required myself.
I've always settled for improving factory stocks with bedding, opening up barrel channels etc.

tammons
02-15-2024, 09:56 AM
Which magazine does your staggerfeed have? The detachable box or the fixed blind magazine?

I do know the accustock rifles use a different recoil lug and a centerfeed magazine with the CF blind mag versions sitting in the stock rather than attached to the action with tabs like the old SF blind mags, but am unsure of other differences or compatibility of your action with the newer CF detachable mags.

Id like to know whats required myself.
I've always settled for improving factory stocks with bedding, opening up barrel channels etc.

Fixed stagger feed magazine.

Dave Hoback
02-15-2024, 10:32 AM
You would need to change your Action from Staggerfeed to Centerfeed. It’s not too difficult. Remove the mag box fixed to the Action & the magwell may need machined a bit on the back edge. Maybe not being a long Action. But yes, it can work & many have done it.