PDA

View Full Version : Need new magazines

bobtosi
02-06-2024, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know where to get new magazines? Mine has a broken front clip. It won't stay engaged

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dave Hoback
02-06-2024, 09:07 PM
If it’s the one with the clip on the front of the magazine, look for the caliber/cartridge you need on EBay. And expect pay $60+ for one magazine. Forget about it being anywhere else. And don’t expect finding it cheaper.

Welcome to the forum. Home to see you again.

big honkin jeep
02-06-2024, 10:06 PM
Is it one of the old staggerfeed blind mag boxes?
If so I had one snap during removal and wound up shimming the bottom of the stock between the stock and the floorplate with some folded paper and the action screws hold everything in place. Not ideal but it works and feeds.
Sometimes ya do what you have to when dealing with old parts no longer in production and made of unobtainium.
Tried having the piece welded but it just snapped again.
Good luck.

PhilC
02-07-2024, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know where to get new magazines? Mine has a broken front clip. It won't stay engaged
We need to know which rifle model you're asking about to answer the question.

bobtosi
02-07-2024, 01:48 PM
Is it one of the old staggerfeed blind mag boxes?
If so I had one snap during removal and wound up shimming the bottom of the stock between the stock and the floorplate with some folded paper and the action screws hold everything in place. Not ideal but it works and feeds.
Sometimes ya do what you have to when dealing with old parts no longer in production and made of unobtainium.
Tried having the piece welded but it just snapped again.
Good luck.Thx I found new mags in eBay so I may just buy one. Not that expensive

Dave Hoback
02-07-2024, 04:45 PM
Don’t mention it:thumb:

bobtosi
02-08-2024, 03:02 PM
If it’s the one with the clip on the front of the magazine, look for the caliber/cartridge you need on EBay. And expect pay $60+ for one magazine. Forget about it being anywhere else. And don’t expect finding it cheaper.

Welcome to the forum. Home to see you again.Just got one on eBay for $56.