PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Dakota

usnmm1
02-04-2024, 05:42 PM
My name is Kevin and I'm a brand new member here. My reason for joining is my fascination with a rifle that was given to me by my WWI veteran grandfather. To be fair, it was old and probably junk when he gave it to me 50 years ago, but I managed to shoot many many gophers and rabbits with it as a kid. It is an old NRA 19 with parts missing. I've never had a magazine for it, but I ordered one yesterday. The original sights were missing and some enterprising s.o.b. tack welded a set of bb gun sights to it. It's missing the middle barrel band and sling swivel. But I love it. I own a few firearms, mostly similar to what I used in the military. Mini 14, 1911a1. I plan on buying an old model 23 sporter if I can find one though. and maybe a better version of my NRA. Thanks for letting me join.

Dave Hoback
02-04-2024, 06:43 PM
Welcome.

big honkin jeep
02-05-2024, 12:05 PM
Welcome.
Somewhere down the road, I'm sure some of my "enterprising" or as I call em "econoengineered" solutions, improvements, and repairs will be critiqued in such fashion.
Maybe not.
I know I've done my share of those critiques myself on inherited items and some found at gun shows etc...
One can only hope.
Again,
Welcome aboard.

ragsflh
02-07-2024, 11:59 AM
welcome