View Full Version : Savage 110 ultralite 6.5 feeding issues done with savage

Pages : 1 [2]

Mr65
01-20-2024, 06:26 PM
I recon that's capitalism, people speak with their wallets. Once the financial impact hits hard enough the manufacturers will fix the issues, or not and then suffer the consequences. Everything I own I built custom from Savage actions so I can not really add anything to this conversation except I love Savage, I also dislike 6.5 Needmoor so there is that also. I still say though when you buy a NEW RIFLE it should work, the customer should not be expected to tweak anything. I have been building rifles for 30 years and I would NEVER provide a rifle to a customer that did not feed properly, it simply would not fly. Quality control should catch these issues and if one slips through the manufacturer should burden all costs to make it right including shipping. So with that said I hope Savage sees these posts and makes good the rifle the customer purchased or refunds him. My last 2 cents on this topic :) Have a great weekend guys!

shoots100
01-21-2024, 12:39 PM
Maybe tried this as their first post ?
https://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?72262-Feeding-issue-side-release-mag-Savage-116-30-06&p=515849&viewfull=1#post515849
Variety is the spice of life.
There are a lot of more refined firearm manufacturers out there than Savage, but not with the sales numbers of Savage.
Savage sells over 1.5 million firearms a year, most of those being rifles and the percentages of QC issues are more prevalent with those numbers.
All I'm saying is that it's a little extreme to stop using a manufacturer if tweaking a magazine is all that's needed to make the rifle function and you have a wealth of knowledge here to to draw on to help alleviate the issue.
Happy Sunday.

SJC

want2ride
01-25-2024, 07:47 PM
That whole 6.5 Creed issue makes me hesitant to buy another Savage rifle if/when my club range expands to 1,000 yards. Kind of hate that because otherwise I`ve really enjoyed my other Savage guns in .223 ( 2 of them ) and 17HMR.
I have 3 savage 6.5 creedmoors, only one had a slight catch when feeding and a feed lip adjustment was all it took to fix... i wouldn't worry about it.

NF1E
01-27-2024, 04:17 PM
Not just Savage, but I have used the feed lip adjustment tool on many mags including those for my M14s. Just a part of the game and it's nice to see folks sharing that tidbit with someone that was unaware. Knowledge is the key to the world. Whatta Hobby!

PhilC
01-28-2024, 10:06 AM
OP hasn't logged in since his reply on Jan 19th...

NF1E
01-30-2024, 05:17 PM
Might just comment that many FTFs can be corrected with a simple de-burring and adjustment of a magazine,s feed lips. Whatta Hobby!

Rifle20
02-02-2024, 12:25 AM
Savage send me a new magazine. Had a local gunsmith look at the rifle and as some have said it is not a magazine issue. Gun has been boxed up and shipped back to savage with me paying the shipping! I will keep you guys posted if savage actually fixes it? I have to admit I have my doubts. At the risk of sounding childish I stand by I have bought my last savage rifle.

Dave Hoback
02-02-2024, 01:17 AM
:whistle:

It’s an easy fix. You should have checked if one of us here that knows these rifles lives near you. Many here would fix it for free.