View Full Version : Mdt chassis question

Pages : 1 [2]

Wilhelm Scream
01-31-2024, 10:56 PM
Well i managed to get the 223 rezeroed today during the short lived, infrequent breaks in the fog. Really like this mdt chassis and im sure ill get another for my 243 soon. My groups actually opened up just a little bit, but im not sure the chassis is to blame. More likely caused by switching from a 1-10 scope to a 1-6 scope. But still sub moa 5 shot groups at 200, and ringing the 6" steel at 300 was boringly easy, so im not sweating it. Its a very rare exception that i take a shot at an animal beyond 100 yards anyway. Usually much closer. Hence the lpvos on my hunting rifles.

Wilhelm Scream
03-17-2024, 11:43 PM
What im more worried about is that ill like it too much, then ill have to get 2 more

Well, that happened pretty fast. 10521

Dave Hoback
03-18-2024, 11:36 AM
Geez-Louise! Ya have what… between $10,000-$12,000 of Rifle/Chassis/Scope sitting there? Good Grief! Yeah, I’d say that was pretty quick. LOL!

I am surprised you did all three so very….. uh, similar?? Nah, not similar. Rather, I guess more, almost exactly the same?LOL J/K But seriously, good on ya my friend. They are some fine looking Rigs! Beautiful! :tea:

Wilhelm Scream
03-22-2024, 07:17 PM
Geez-Louise! Ya what… between $10,000-$12,000 of Rifle/Chassis/Scope sitting there? Good Grief! Yeah, I’d say that was pretty quick. LOL!

I am surprised you did all three so very….. uh, similar?? Nah, not similar. Rather, I guess more, almost exactly the same?LOL J/K But seriously, good on ya my friend. They are some fine looking Rigs! Beautiful! :tea:

I feel like having them all as similar as possible helps in a hunting situation when adrenaline is up. I really liked the 2.5-12.5 trijicon i put on the 308, so i just put a pair of trijicon 1-6 on the 223 and 243. At this point, only differences going forward, other than the 308 having higher magnification, are the 223 having the stainless lightweight action, while the other 2 have the blueprinted ultralight actions. And the rings are different. Just waiting on my bolt knob for the 233 to mmatch the other two. But all have 16" carbon6 barrels, elf triggers, trijicon accupoints, hnt26 chassis, all pretty much the same guns in different calibers. And all shooting tight little clusters on paper, and ringing steel at 400 is stupid easy. Im pretty happy with these.