PDA

View Full Version : Edge reciol pad.

Hunterdude
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Any one know of a way to change the recoil pad on a Savage Edge? I know a guy that wants one replaced but he said there's now screws holding it on. I don't know because I haven't got to look at it myself yet.

82boy
12-14-2010, 01:14 AM
The Edge/Axis has an unusually way of holding the recoil pad. There is a square cut out in the top of the stock, that is the retaining pin. At the bottom of the stock you remove the sling swivel. After removing the sling swivel LIGHTLY push down on the square on the top of the stock and the recoil pad will slide out.

The biggest problem is after doing all of this you will find that the recoil pad on the Edge is unique and there is no replacement available. (One of many reason I dislike the Edge.) The only solution is to buy a slip on recoil pad.

Hunterdude
12-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Would you have to leave on the factory recoil pad in order to put on a slip on pad on or could you leave it off so that the slip on pad wouldn't increase the LOP of the gun?

82boy
12-14-2010, 11:31 AM
The slip on pads are designed to slip on over the factory recoil pad. I guess you could remove the pad and place a slip on pad. (I cant say I have ever done it, or know of anyone that has.) I would be afraid that the EDGE stock may be weekend without the pad in place. If you look at the recoil pad design it takes up a large section of the back of the stock, It goes in about 3 to 4 inches inside the stock.