PDA

View Full Version : Centerfire 340C peep sight

Lars
12-05-2023, 11:26 AM
I’m looking for a peep sight for my 340C. It’s chambered in 30/30 so I don’t really step out there and I just enjoy iron sights. Williams has one listed in there brochure (FP-340 1302) but I called and was told they quit production on it a couple years ago. I’ve heard Lyman and a few others made them but they’re even he harder to get. I’ve also heard Savage made a few rifles with factory peeps. Any suggestions? I can still see the stock iron sights but prefer a peep. Thanks guys.

Model24
12-06-2023, 09:54 PM
My recommendation would be to set up searches on Ebay, Gunbroker and any other venues of your choice and wait patiently. The oddball pops up now and again.

Sav22
12-14-2023, 08:09 AM
The Savage supplied receiver sight was the WFC No 175 they show up on eBay every so often. They have micrometer adjustments, the Lyman's and some others I've seen do not, just basic loosen, slide & tighten.

Here's a link to some information - https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4919183/340_sights If you right click on the pictures a box will open and you can then open the pictures in a new tab to get rid of the PHOTOBUCKET marking across them.

Lars
01-03-2024, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just found one on EBay and waiting for it to arrive. I’m hoping I didn’t get taken. I’ve had both good and terrible experiences with them. Any idea what the screw size for mounting one is? I’m thinking 10-28 but I’ll have to check. Thanks again! A lot of info was in that link you sent.